[cal-libs] Why Extreme Poison Activists Hurt the LP

Dear Starchild;

you said in part: I'm not sure whether you know Bruce; he is, well, an interesting
character.

Nothing personal here but YOU are an interesting character as well - Ms. Statue of Liberty on Roller Blades!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Adapting aspects or elements of Critical Resistance would be interesting except for the parts involving Angela Davis and the unequivocal support of executed Hassan Shakur and Tookie Williams and death row Juma Mumbai - that would be a stretch. mmmmm?

Plus I am certain the sponsoring group did have some sort of funds for an event budget and advertising and speaker fees and hiring rooms and so on...

Ron Getty - SF Libertarian
Hostis res Publica
Morte ai Tiranni
Dum Spiro, Pugno

Ron,

Yes, but I'm interesting in a *good* way. :wink: Looks like you're reading the traffic on the CALibs list, seeing as you passed along Bruce's "commentary," but I guess you missed my note to David Terry, who had a similar misunderstanding regarding my original post:

You're confusing organizing methods, tone, and approach with ideology. I'm recommending we look to leftist efforts like Critical Resistance for ideas about the former, not the latter. Obviously the ideology of people like Angela Davis and Cynthia McKinney is badly flawed. I thought that went without say.

Yes one would assume an event for thousands of people had a budget, but what does that have to do with this thread?

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))

P.S. - It's Mumia Abu-Jamal, not "Juma Mumbai"

[ Attachment content not displayed ]

Thanks, Peter. The evidence suggests that many libertarians, at least,
care less about freedom than about the company they keep.

Thank you, Peter! It was good to (briefly) meet you as well, and I look forward to working together for liberty. I don't know whether or not I will ever occupy electoral office, but I expect to at least get up on the soap box of being a candidate again.

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))