CA Supreme Court Halts Same Sex Marriage Licenses - Will We Roll Over?

Steve,

I agree with your list of disadvantages of Newsom breaking the law.
The great advantage, however, is it sends a message, to at least some,
that big govt law is not beyond transgressing.

Best, Michael

Dear Everyone;

It isn't necessary to break the law just bend the law. Just a little non-violent civil disobedience. Like forgetting to tell the Marriage License Bureau that SF had been served with an injunction. Oooops - completely slipped my mind - you mean I forgot to tell you about THAT???

Let the Marriage Revolution start here!

I say keep on issuing licenses and marrying any gay couple who wants to get married. Screw the State Supreme Court. They got caught up in the hysteria of the moment and did not let the lower courts thoroughly examine all sides of the issue first. Then when the issue reached the State Supreme Court it would be a well developed issue with all the various pro and cons thoroughly examined. Then the final debate would have some meaning.

Besides a little non-violent civil disobedience would do Newsom some good. The insides of the new SF County jail aren't all that bad. Then Newsom could write a Letter from the San Francisco County jail.

Freedom - I say Freedom - For any couple to get married! Then they can do battle on who gets to do the dishes and who gets to take out the garbage!!!

Ron Getty
SF Libertarian

"Dr. Michael R. Edelstein" <dredelstein@...> wrote:
Steve,

I agree with your list of disadvantages of Newsom breaking the law.
The great advantage, however, is it sends a message, to at least some,
that big govt law is not beyond transgressing.

Best, Michael

Mike,

That's a good point if your goal is to promote anarchy. At the moment, I'm more interested in the same-sex marriage issue and think it would be most productive to focus on it.

-- Steve

Licenses - Will We Roll Over?

> I agree with your list of disadvantages of Newsom breaking the

law.

> The great advantage, however, is it sends a message, to at least

some,

> that big govt law is not beyond transgressing.

Mike,

That's a good point if your goal is to promote anarchy. At the

moment,

I'm more interested in the same-sex marriage issue and think it

would

be most productive to focus on it.

-- Steve

My goal is to promote freedom.