Buttons and Button-Making Party [2 Attachments]

Hi All,

Thank you to Francoise for once again hosting our Button Making Party on June 3 (Election Day). It would be great if we all could come and help to make buttons for the Outright Libertarian booth at Pride on June 28-29. Our button basket is always a big attraction. Please be sure to RSVP a couple of days in advance, so that Francoise can make plans.

I have the button machine, supplies, and designs. Of course more designs are always welcome. If you can print some, please bring to the party. The machine makes 2.25-inch button.

In addition to having the buttons at Pride, I though we could use them as fund raising attractions; so today, I sent an email with the button files attached to a few people I know offering a "Free" button in exchange for a donation or membership to LPSF. The result was an easy $100 in donations in just one day! Maybe some of you might want to do the same. Attached are the design files.

Marcy

Thanks Marcy....the Pride Stickers should have something referencing the LPSF don't you think?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, I agree. However, this is the first time I have done these from scratch (rather than just copy the whole thing from the Internet), and had a devil of a time fitting everything in the printable area. I succeeded with the some, not with others. If I have time, I will try again to add the www.lpsf.org.

Marcy

Or to keep it short....just LPSF.org

Thanks Marcy...

Mike

Hi Mike,

Actually, when I received your first email, I decided to try again. I succeeded in some, but not in others. Here are the revised files. Now, this is all the time I have for this project.

I believe it was Starchild who at one time suggested putting a sticker on the back of buttons identifying us. That would be an alternative, if anyone is willing to make the stickers and bring them to Francoise's Button Making Party.

Marcy

Looks great Marcy....

Mike

Thanks Marcy--I like them. The "Thanks Mom & Dad" one made me laugh!

Thanks for the fund-raising too!
Aubrey

Hi Marcy! I'm not so good at buttons, but I can print stickers. I'm assuming they would have to be very tiny labels. What size? I'll bring the stickers to Francoise's Button Making & Stickering Party.

Thanks!
Aubrey

Hi Aubrey,

Huuummm.. Don't know if you could find labels to match the size of the available space on the back of the buttons. If you don't, maybe a home-made solution?

Attached is a spreadsheet that I formatted for the available space, 1" wide x 1/2" high for each cell, and then formatted it to show www.lpsf.org on all cells. If you have a sheet of big labels at home, you could print this spreadsheet on it, then cut as many labels as needed. If you do not, let me know, and I will print them on the shipping labels I have.

We only need about 40 of these little labels for the buttons, if we go with my idea of shooting to have around 100 buttons at Pride. The difficult part in using this home-made remedy is peeling the label off the backing once they are cut. I have succeeded by using a razor blade. I am pretty sure I also formatted to print gridlines, but if I did not, you can do that in your own computer, since this is just a plain Excel spreadsheet. Marcy