Board of Supervisors District 3 Candidate?

I believe odd-numbered Supervisor District are up for election this year; I am curious as to whether the LPSF is fielding a candidate in District 3 (Board President David Chiu's district)? If so, who is our candidate? If not, then why not?

DRJ

Hi David,

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately we simply haven't -- at least to my knowledge -- had anyone volunteer. Might you be interested, or know of a potential candidate?

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))

Starchild,

I never have and never will attempted to get a job working for the State.

DRJ

Hi David….I appreciate your sentiments. And don’t worry, you won’t get the job anyways. The reason to run is to use the “bully pulpit” to preach the message of Liberty. The experience will also hone your skills presenting the virtues of Liberty and the horror of the state. If you work the situation properly you will have many opportunities to meet and address people you never would have met before. And without you there, they might never have heard the sweet voice of Liberty speaking. It will be very hard work for you as all the forces of the state will be used against your campaign….which is all the more reason to do it. It is truly a romantic adventure…I highly recommend that you try it.

Here’s the link to my two campaigns….for state Assembly and SF Mayor. I hope to keep this up forever as a memento to an unforgettable experience.

www.DennyforMayor.com<http://www.DennyforMayor.com>

Mike

Mike,

I know that if I ran I couldn't possible be elected under any circumstance...but I just can't take that chance! ("So you're telling me there's a chance..." what is that from, Dumb & Dumber?)

DRJ

David,

You're still safe. If by some miracle you were elected -- I share Mike's conclusion that realistically it just isn't going to happen -- you could always refuse to be sworn in. I think the establishment would appreciate that choice very much, given your views, and would not try to compel you to fill the office.

Love & Liberty,
                                   ((( starchild )))

Starchild,

And what if I take the oath? What happens then? Would I not be feeding at the public troth, metaphorically speaking? Not bloody likely, I know, but possible, right? Where does that leave me? Hoist by my own petard!

Not no but hell no!

Love the LPSF,

DRJ

David,

You're still safe. If by some miracle you were elected -- I share Mike's
conclusion that realistically it just isn't going to happen -- you could always
refuse to be sworn in. I think the establishment would appreciate that choice
very much, given your views, and would not try to compel you to fill the office.

Love & Liberty,
                                   ((( starchild )))

Mike,

I know that if I ran I couldn't possible be elected under any

circumstance...but I just can't take that chance! ("So you're telling me there's
a chance..." what is that from, Dumb & Dumber?)

DRJ

To: lpsf-discuss <lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Jun 19, 2012 8:05 am
Subject: RE: [lpsf-discuss] Board of Supervisors District 3 Candidate?

Hi David….I appreciate your sentiments. And don’t worry, you won’t get the job

anyways. The reason to run is to use the “bully pulpit” to preach the message
of Liberty. The experience will also hone your skills presenting the virtues of
Liberty and the horror of the state. If you work the situation properly you will
have many opportunities to meet and address people you never would have met
before. And without you there, they might never have heard the sweet voice of
Liberty speaking. It will be very hard work for you as all the forces of the
state will be used against your campaign….which is all the more reason to do it.
It is truly a romantic adventure…I highly recommend that you try it.

Here’s the link to my two campaigns….for state Assembly and SF Mayor. I hope

to keep this up forever as a memento to an unforgettable experience.

www.DennyforMayor.com

Mike

From: lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com] On

Behalf Of DavidRJeffries@...

Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:48 AM
To: lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [lpsf-discuss] Board of Supervisors District 3 Candidate?

Starchild,

I never have and never will attempted to get a job working for the State.

DRJ

To: lpsf-discuss <lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Jun 19, 2012 4:57 am
Subject: Re: [lpsf-discuss] Board of Supervisors District 3 Candidate?

Hi David,

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately we simply haven't -- at least to my knowledge

-- had anyone volunteer. Might you be interested, or know of a potential
candidate?

Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))

> I believe odd-numbered Supervisor District are up for election this year; I

am curious as to whether the LPSF is fielding a candidate in District 3 (Board
President David Chiu's district)? If so, who is our candidate? If not, then why
not?

David,

What I was explaining is that you *don't* have to take the oath. The choice would be up to you. So no reason not to seek public office on that account, unless you believe you are so weak-willed that although your intentions are good now, faced with the opportunity to actually take office you would succumb to the lure of money and power. :slight_smile:

Of course, if you have some other project or activity planned that would do more to promote freedom than running for public office and using your candidacy as an opportunity to speak with members of the media and the public about how freedom is a better approach to various local political issues, then by all means do not run.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))