Attention libertarian web page owners, webmasters, & web designers!

Libertarian and pro-freedom sites are continually being updated, and new sites are added to the web daily. If your site(s) have original or public domain graphics, photos, cartoons, text, or other elements which might conceivably be useful to others seeking to spread our message, and that you don't mind being used elsewhere on the web, why not let your visitors know?

A good way to do this is by prominently displaying a notice such as the following, either on the page or pages with the material to be used, or under a link called "Free Use," "Anticopyright Notice," or something similar:

"Please feel free to copy and use any of the material found on this website in order to spread the message of liberty. We know you have the ability to do this without our permission, but for those who care (and we hope you are many!), you have our blessing. Please try to give credit where appropriate."

If there are things on a site that you don't want copied, or don't want copied unless credit is given, you can of course modify this language or come up with your own. The important point is that many libertarians -- whether from a concern over intellectual property, or simply a desire not to be sued or accused of inappropriate use -- will not copy *anything* from your site unless they think they have permission. By explicitly giving each other that permission, we can multiply the effectiveness of our web presence.

Yours in liberty,
              <<< Starchild >>>
        Outreach Director, Libertarian Party of San Francisco

I'm considering not voting on whether to recall Davis, because I feel that I'm not informed enough to know whether he has done anything that technically violates the California constitution. I've heard that fiscal incompetence is not a constitutional basis for recall. Also, I don't know how much control Davis had over spending. For all I know, the legislature is responsible for most of the state's fiscal problems.

On the other hand, it might be justifiable to vote to recall anyone who uses government to initiate force, even if the constitution allows that.

Can anyone point me to the portion of the constitution that deals with recall of the governor?

Kelly

Some claim that the over spending problems of the State were intentionally hidden by Davis until after his relection. (Btw, does anyone have a pointer to information to support this?) If true, it seems reasonable to consider this fraud and I would hope that would be sufficient grounds for a recall.

-- Steve