Article: KGB Chieftain Finds

Ron,

You wrote:

To do what would be needed we would basically have to fire
the SFPD - and that ain't gonna happen

I agree, my idea ain't gonna happen.

Unfortunately, neither is yours.

Consequently, we're not talking about getting my idea or yours to happen, but rather educating the undiscovered natural libertarians in SF about one of our principles and that the LPSF exists.

Putting more Govt police on violent crime duty may make sense (I'm not arguing here pro or con). However, it does not illustrate a clear libertarian principle, whereas taking the cops off victimless crime duty does.

Best, Michael

Dear Dr. Mike;

That's also part of the whole Police Petition thing. It's getting an opportunity to appear before various community groups and present not only the Police Petition but the why's and where's of it from a LIbertarian position and what's Libertarianism and how we arrived at the Petition. To where do we find the police to do this by removing them from victimless crimes and other non-essential duties.

As example, shortly 42 SFPD officers will be patrolling middle and high schools. If the schools need armed security guards pay for that from the school budget. Secondly, if the schools are really that bad then the school board school adminstrators and middle and high school principals should be fired for gross dereleiction of duty and fraud.

The SFPD issued 1,860 citations for panhandling and sleeping on the sidewalks, as well as 11,000 "quality of life" tickets.

Don't you just feel safer already with this aggressive ticketing tactics against the homeless? I' m certain killers rapists robbers are quaking in their shoes.

Ron Getty
  SF Libertarian

dredelstein@... wrote:
      Ron,

You wrote:
  > To do what would be needed we would basically have to fire
  > the SFPD - and that ain't gonna happen

I agree, my idea ain't gonna happen.

Unfortunately, neither is yours.

Consequently, we're not talking about getting my idea or yours to happen, but rather educating the undiscovered natural libertarians in SF about one of our principles and that the LPSF exists.

Putting more Govt police on violent crime duty may make sense (I'm not arguing here pro or con). However, it does not illustrate a clear libertarian principle, whereas taking the cops off victimless crime duty does.

Best, Michael