Another mayoral candidate forum - Sen. Leland Yee at Westside Democratic Club TOMORROW

By the way, Catherine and I went to Bill Hemenger's party hosting Bevan Dufty on the 15th, and each asked him a question related to economics (perhaps she can recall the details of her question and his response). Bevan gave both me specifically and libertarians generally very positive mention in his opening remarks, and I was called on to ask the first question, but when I pressed him on his failure to really answer it (I'd asked him whether he thought it was acceptable that government employees in the city make something like $20,000 more a year on average), he turned testy, saying "This is my house party," and that he was going to move on to another question. My guess is he was miffed that I would try to pin him down after his flattering comments, but I don't play that game! Overall his remarks were mostly non-specific and non-controversial -- not much in the way of take-home material.

I don't have any higher hopes for Leland Yee, another career-minded moderate politician, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take opportunities like this to hold their feet to the fire! He'll be appearing tomorrow evening at 7pm at the Taraval police station (see details below). If anyone feels like going, again I'd be interested in getting a ride, as it's out of my neighborhood and takes a while to get there by bike or transit (I'm in the Castro).

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))

(Attachment mime-attachment.jpeg is missing)

Hi Starchild,

Thank you and Catherine.

Marcy

No problem Marcy, it was fun! Bill has a beautiful home, and I got a chance to chat a bit with Bay Area Reporter writer Matthew Bajko, who was there for the event, among other folks.

One error I spotted in my message below -- I meant to write that "government employees in the city make something like $20,000 more a year on average than non-government workers."

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))