American Indian leader (and Libertarian) Russell Means: "We're all Indians now/Welcome To The Reservation"

Long and fascinating interview/video of Russell Means talking about government destroying the traditional indigenous culture of American Indians, and now taking freedom away from all people in the country in ways reminiscent of how Indians were treated. Means speaks in the video against centralization and says part of the solution is to "go local" and have decision-making at that level based on unanimous consensus. Also discusses many other things having to do with spirituality and health, like eating seasonal food, learning from nature, etc.:

> http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/1027.html
>
> - Brasscheck
>
> P.S. Please share Brasscheck TV e-mails and
> videos with friends and colleagues.
>
> That's how we grow. Thanks.
>
> ================================
> Brasscheck TV
> 2380 California St.
> San Francisco, CA 94115

Means, who is also an actor who has appeared in several Hollywood movies, narrowly lost a bid for the Libertarian Party's presidential nomination to Ron Paul in 1988. More recently, he and a group of his tribal members have seceded from the United States as the Republic of Lakota, with the boundaries set according to previous treaty with the United States government...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Lakotah

I think it would be pretty cool if the Libertarian Party of San Francisco were to issue a press release announcing our recognition of the Republic of Lakotah as an independent country. What do you all think?

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))

Out of curiosity I have been doing some research on smoking pot and lung disease. Some of the literature indicates that lung cancer is less for pot smokers than it is for regular cigarette smokers, but that bullbus lung disease is greater and occurs at an average age of 45 for pot smokers whereas lung disease (not cancer) doesn't occur until age 60 for regular cigarette smokers. Anyone have any information about this?

Are we doing a disservice to pot smokers to not point out to them that pot smoking leads to lung disease? Least you think that non-cancer lung disease is not anything to worry about, my mother had bullbus lung disease due to a genetic disorder (I can assure you that she never smoked pot or regular cigarrettes.) And her lung disease was very debilitating and eventually killed her.

Marge

Hi Marge,

I simply could not pass up commenting on your question whether we are doing a disservice to pot smokers to not point out to them that pot smoking leads to lung disease. That would be like pointing out to me that having more than a glass of wine a week will lead to breast cancer, as some studies have done. Waste of time on everybody's part!

Marcy

As an active member of the cannabis community, I don't recall hearing that this is a problem. For those concerned about lung issues, however, eating cannabis-laced edibles or using a vaporizer are probably the best safest ways of ingesting cannabis (setting aside the negative health effects of eating whatever brownies, cookies, etc., the cannabis you are eating is baked into).

Perhaps someone on the cannabis list I maintain is better informed and would like to weigh in -- I'm crossposting this message there.

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))