Agenda for This Saturday's Meeting

Hi All. Here’s theagenda for this Saturday’s meeting. Since Marcy is returning to “civilian life" and I will not be runningfor Chair or Vice Chair next month, I have devoted a special chunk of themeeting to listing out our duties to try and prepare for next year’sactivities. If we finish a pinch early,we can head out for the holiday celebration at Francoise’s!
Libertarian Party of San Francisco Agenda: Saturday, December 12, 2015Meeting Location: San Francisco Main Library – 4th Floor Conference Room
   - Welcome – Introductions 3:05-3:10
   - Activist Reports – Past & Future 3:11-3:30
   - Announcements 3:31-3:40
   - Membership/Newsletter Report 3:41-3:45
   - Treasurer’s Report 3:46-3:50
   - Transportation Panel Discussion (April 2016) 3:51-4:00
   - Officer Duties (for next year) 4:01-5:00

Thanks!Aubrey

With regrets I’ve made commitments that afternoon at my church. See you all at Francoise’s place later.

Mike

Aubrey:

My term is up in Jan as well and I had not planned on serving on the Ex Comm any more partly due to health reasons.

Aubrey:

Number 7 ought to be at the top of the items to be discussed.

What point is there is discussing the any of this other stuff, if no one is going to step forward to keep lpsf is business?

Les

Thanks all….

This has happened before. It wouldn’t be inappropriate for the LPSF to simply go “underground” for a while if need be. The last time Starchild rescued it. Anyways….we can feel free to do whatever makes sense. And knowing what a great job this last group of Officers has done for the LPSF. I’m doing a standing ovation. Smile.

Mike

Hi Mike and Les. Thanks for your thoughts. Hereare mine. I’m not ready to throw in thetowel on the LPSF yet. I still plan onbeing active and retaining some of the duties that I now do. If others come forward to help out, I’m notterritorial and will gladly give away some of the things I’ve been doing! If not, I think we could still keep thingsgoing by a few folks picking up some of the things that Marcy currentlydoes. I absolutely hated running themeetings—it would take me two days to prepare for the meetings and a whole dayto recuperate afterwards—so for sure I want no part of that after January. Since I’ve been doing the minutes on and offfor 4 years, I would like to run for Secretary since I often end up doing theminutes anyway. Other things like thenewsletter, Pride, the annual panel discussions, and the ballot measures—I wouldstill like to be involved with those projects. The departure of Marcy is a major loss, but this is noreason to close up shop or “go underground!” We need more visibility, not less! Let’s discuss further on Saturday. Thanks!Aubrey

Starchild’s rescue was back in the early-to-mid-’90s; as far as I know,
LPSF has been running continuously since several years before I got
involved in 1999 or 2000. That’s a pretty good record for a
county-level 3rd-party group.

Also, your numbers make me feel pretty good; if SF, with 800,000
residents, gets about 8 people at a meeting, it stings a little less
that my county gets 2. d-:

I hope you all find light and warmth in the cold, dark days of winter.

~Chris