Agenda for This Saturday's Meeting

Hi All! Here's the agenda for this month's meeting:

By the way, I also wanted to talk about a registration drive for ballot access (need about 20,000 new members in California by 2014 if we want to stay on the ballot), but I felt the items I picked are more urgent and timely for right now. Also, if I try to squeeze too much into the agenda, then there's not enough time to give each topic the proper focus and discussion it needs. So, the registration drive is not forgotten, just deferred for a while.

Also, we received two more invitations to oppose the ballot measures publicly, as a result of winning the lottery. The Haight Ashbury Neighborhood Council is meeting on Thursday, September 13 from 7-9 PM at the Park Branch Library (downstairs) 1833 Page Street between Cole and Shrader. Starchild will speak against A, C, and E. I will go also, and it wouldn't hurt for others to attend, if you can. The other invitation is from the League of Women Voters, and the date will be Friday, September 21, and Starchild will speak against A, C, E, and maybe F. Time and location are not finalized yet--that information will be forthcoming as soon as they have all their speakers nailed down.

Thanks to Starchild for doing an admirable job of opposing A, C, E, and G tonight at the Democratic Club's Ballot Measure Endorsement Meeting in Potrero Hill. They were mostly hardcore Democrat loyalists to the end and were unsurprisingly hostile to Starchild's arguments, but I thought Starchild held his stand well. Not surprisingly they hate the very essence of corporations and were blind to the one-sided nature of G, which says nothing about the influence unions wield in politics. On the other hand, surprisingly, there was opposition to B, the parks bond but, as Starchild pointed out, that was probably mainly because Aaron Peskin spoke against it tonight. This was definitely not "speaking to the choir," and thanks to Starchild for persisting.

Thanks!
Aubrey
Libertarian Party of San Francisco Agenda: Saturday, September 8, 2012
Meeting Location: SF Main Library – 4th Floor Conference Room

1. Welcome – Introductions 3:05
  2. Activist Reports – Past & Future 3:15
  3. Announcements 3:30
  4. Treasurer’s Report 3:35
  5. Prop D (from last meeting) 3:40
  6. Press Releases/Flyers for Ballot Measures 3:50
  7. Newspaper Ad for Ballot Measures (Les) 4:05
  8. Campaign Committee (Les) 4:25
  9. Canvassing/Outreach for Gary Johnson 4:45

I really want to start attending the monthly meetings on a regular basis, and I especially appreciate the attention to registering voters. It just happens that I can't come to this meeting either because Jerry and I are going to southern California to attend his annual Catalina pottery collectors meeting.

We have had good luck so far this week with Gary Johnson ballot access. We won battles with the Republicans over whether Gary should be on in Iowa, Ohio, and Virginia. Today we have a court hearing in Oklahoma and tomorrow we have one in Michigan. It is an exciting week.

Richard Winger

415-922-9779

PO Box 470296, San Francisco Ca 94147

Hi Aubrey,

This weekend Janice and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary at the Avenue of the Giants, near Garberville, which means I will not be attending the meeting. I look forward to seeing you in Oct.

Warm regards, Michael

I may have to work this weekend as I work for a CPA firm doing corporation tax
returns. The extensions run out on September 15. I may not be able to attend the
meeting on Sat.

I hate to say this because two of the agenda items are mine, but earning a
living takes priority. I do not anticipate opening any campaign fund this year
anyway.

Les

Hi Richard! Thanks for the update on the Gary Johnson battles. I rarely hear GJ's name mentioned outside of Libertarian circles, but if the R's are going to this much trouble to keep him off the ballot, then maybe something good is growing. Enjoy your trip to Catalina and join us at the meetings when you can.

Thanks!
Aubrey

Hi Michael! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I'll try to keep on track at the meeting without your expert timekeeping.

Enjoy Your Trip!
Aubrey

Hi Les! Sorry you might not attend. But working is a good thing! If you can't attend, please let me know the balance in our coffers and also any information you found out about running an ad in the newspaper.

Thanks!
Aubrey