1,000 SF Elders Get Monthly Food Boxes CUT!! NOW WHAT!!!

Ron,

Many things have some effect on the plight of the Elders; from the establishment of Social Security which discouraged private savings to the Federal Reserve that depreciates any savings people may have, to welfare programs that discourage private charity, minimum wage laws and other regulations that reduce employment and raise the cost of housing, taxes that suck the blood out of the economy, agencies and regulations that raise the cost of medicine and healthcare, and on and on. This is undeniable.

But, you failed to answer any of my questions. How is the specific issue of reduced funding of the Food Box program going to help the LP register more Libertarians, get more dues paying members, elect more candidates to office, and change public policy? Until that connection can be established, I think the LP should be working on issues that are likely to have higher returns for the party.

Rich

Dear Richard;

By reduced funding of the Elder Food Box program people can register as Libertarian and then afford to pay the annual $50.00 dues to the state and then even maybe pay an additonal $25.00 to the LPSF.

Even additionally, the reduced funding means the newly registered Libertarian can pay say $100 to a Libertarian candidate running for election.

By reducing funding of the Elder Food Box program people will begin to talk about all the hungry starving Elders and what government policies caused the Elders to starve and get hungry and maybe it's time to do somehting immediately to change those anti-Elder programs before the Elders start keeling over on the sidealks and the streets and the politicians who took tax money away from tax payrs so they wouldn't have any free money to give to food centers would be forced to stop taking so much money from tax payers so they could voluntarily fund food banks from pure personalgenerosity.

And then a Libertarian is elected as President by all the Elders who were saved from hunger and starvation. Tah Dah!!!

Ron Getty
  SF Libertarian

newell.org> wrote:
      Ron,

Many things have some effect on the plight of the Elders; from the establishment of Social Security which discouraged private savings to the Federal Reserve that depreciates any savings people may have, to welfare programs that discourage private charity, minimum wage laws and other regulations that reduce employment and raise the cost of housing, taxes that suck the blood out of the economy, agencies and regulations that raise the cost of medicine and healthcare, and on and on. This is undeniable.

But, you failed to answer any of my questions. How is the specific issue of reduced funding of the Food Box program going to help the LP register more Libertarians, get more dues paying members, elect more candidates to office, and change public policy? Until that connection can be established, I think the LP should be working on issues that are likely to have higher returns for the party.

Rich

Dear Richard;

P.S. I almost forgot then the newly elected Libertarian President got all tax laws and all federal laws and all entangling alliances repealed and the People lived happily ever after.

This P.S. was brought to you by Walt Disney productions with animation by Pixar. No animals or insects were injured in the making of this P.S.

Ron Getty
  SF Libertarian

Richard Newell <richard@...> wrote:
      Ron,

Rich